Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Finding Him in order to Find you.

Here lately (with exception to the book) a majority of my posts have been with regards to grace and the goodness of God. Although this blog was created as a forum for women as well as abuse recovery outreach ministries. I thought it was important for you to realize that until I found Him, I was unable to find me.

As with everything in life, a foundation is formed. Just as you may found yourself in an abusive situation, a foundation was laid prior to the abuse. Maybe it was the first time he struck you in the face or called you out of your name. Irregardless, to when he hit you or verbally abused you and said he wouldn't do it again. It was the first strike or insult which laid the foundation for further abuse.

Well....in order to realize your purpose as a gift to man. A foundation must first be set forth in order for you to believe it. You have to establish yourself as a woman who deserves to be treated right and deeply loved. How do you establish a basis for this type of foundation? It is most certainly not found in a self-help book or novel. You're bestfriend probably don't know much about it, either. Because she's probably in dire need of help, too. Mother can't tell you too much, because she's been through hell herself. So, where do you find the basis of the foundation which can support you?

Just as I did, by meditating on the Word of God. I chose to believe the good things He had to say about me, rather than the opinion of a broken man or another lost female(s). As I began to mirror His Word into my spirit, I know longer saw the sad face of a woman, who had been mistreated by a broken man. Now I see only the face of a young vibrant, beautiful, attractive, intelligent, humorous, joyful, endearing, kind, sexy, alluring, special, unique and extraordinary woman.

A woman who no longer feels sorry for herself. A woman who finally found the love of her life in the personage of Jesus Christ. A Man who has said, I could be all I want to be and more. Because, He's ready to bless me with the desires of my heart, above all that I could ever hope for or imagine. A Man who said "I will help you be successful" and mean it. A Man who has no motive and nothing to gain, by having a initimate relationship with me. Because He loves me so much that He died for me.

A Man who said "don't worry about what you look like. Don't worry about what you've been through. Don't worry about where you come from. Don't worry about how much dope you've smoke. Don't worry about how much heroin you've used. Don't worry about how many men you've slept with or baby daddies you got. Don't worry about how many times you've been to the abortion clinic. Don't worry about how many times you committed adultery or fornication. Don't worry about........etc.....etc..."

When I found this Man, I didn't understand how much He really loves me. But, then I began to meditate on His love letters (the Word of God). He revealed to me through His letters how much He wants me to be free. How He wants me to depend upon Him, and how His promises hold true that He will never leave me or forsake me.

It was not until I found Him, did I begin to find me. Think of it this way, when you're sick you go to a doctor, right? Well, he gives you a list of things to do that will make you feel better. Which means he may write a prescription, or suggest you get excercise and plenty of rest. Or he may tell you to drink plenty of water, depending upon the situation, right?

Well it is the same with Jesus, only better. For He has no need to write a prescription because He is the prescription. He won't tell you to go home and get some rest. He will tell you to rest in Him. He won't tell you to drink plenty of water, because He is Living Water. If you drink from Him, you will never thirst. You see He won't write you a prescription and tell you overtime you will probably feel better. He gives you His personal guarantee in writing that you are better. For His prescription reads in Isa. 53:5 reads:

"He was wounded for our trangressions, he was bruised for our iniquities. The chastisement of our peace was upon him. And with His stripes I am healed."

You see He made me into the whole and assured woman, that I am today. He told me to go out and live in accordance to my destiny for which He has purposed. He told me not to worry about the minor details. If it was an earthly husband I desire, He could work that out, too. He only wants the best for me and I could find it in no place else, but Him.

So the next time, you feel like your nobody to anybody. Open up His journal ( The Holy Bible) it is filled with many of His love letters, written specifically for you. Check out the one located in Hebrew 8:31-39. See what He said about nothing being able to separate His love for you!

I know it seems simple, yet so hard to believe. I once felt like that, too. Oh.......but I fell in Love with Him, too. Believe me ladies my life is not, or will not ever be the same!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment