Thursday, June 17, 2010

Man's best answer vs. God's final answer.

As I sit here and contemplate the recent turn of events in my life. I realized that I am still in awe by the power of God. Most of you may know that I went on the most horrible interview of my life.

Although, I prayed for the favor of God during the interview, the interviewer literally bashed me. I was humilated, confused and lost for words, but I remained humbled. Anyway, after the humilating experience I alluded that God in all of his wisdom had confirmed the job was not for me.

Of course, I felt discouraged and despair showed it's ugly head. So I went back and sat still before the Lord and asked Him to "show me His hand." I needed to see His hand move in my life, because my spirit was weak.

Anyway, the Lord did better than show me his hand. He showed up alright, but He showed out, too! I got a call from the interviewer offering me the job. When I spoke to him on the phone I could not believe this was the same man who had humilated me during the interview. For, he was kind, considerate, thoughtful and extremely helpful.

Too make a long story short, when I began to share this blessing from God with family and friends. Man's best answer was: "Girl, the man was just testing your abilities to see if you could withstand the pressures of the job." Now of course, you realize I know this statement holds no truth. I sat through the entire interview, and I know the difference between a test and pure humiliation.

However, this was man's best answer in attempt to rationalize why I was hired for the position. Man would rather believe it was a "test" by a man who had his own failings rather to believe it was the miraculous hand of God moving in my life.
Man's best answer reminds of the truth of God's Word in the book of 1 Corinthians 1:27-29:

27Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.

28God chose things depised by the world,* things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important.

29As a result, no one can ever boast in the presence of God (New Living Translation).


So you see "God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish" (1 Cor 1:20). Man's best answer can never compare to the infinite wisdom of God whose power is limitless. He is the Sovereign God, who directs and change the thoughts, actions and deeds of men. The Word of God further states (1 Cornithians 1:25):

25This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God's weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength (New Living Translation).

Even I have learned from this experience, that Man's answer could never compare to God's answer. Even in our darkest hour when nothing appears to be possible, He asks us to wait. He sees our end, before our beginning. When it seems impossible to us, that's when it becomes just right for Him.

So the next time, you are waiting on an answer from the Lord, don't preclude and judge God's answer based on man's standard (as I seemingly did). Wait on an answer from the Lord, you too may be dumbfounded and in awe by His final answer.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment