Thursday, June 10, 2010

(My book) From Egypt to Caanaan Land 3rd Excerpt

Ok....ladies. Here is the 3rd excerpt from the book. I want to thank each of you for your comments. It appears the book has held your interest. I want you to remember this when it's time to publish the book. A very special young lady has asked me to finish the book, and she already has members of her book club who is willing to purchase the book at a discount of course (smile).

I want you to know that I feel extremely blessed when I read your comments. Your comments encourages me to finish the book and to begin working on the sequel. Yes....there will be an upcoming sequel. But of course, first things first. Please share the blog with your friends, or anyone who like to read. Word of mouth is the only advertising strategy I currently have. This will probably be the longest excerpt of all. There will be one more excerpt for your reading pleasure. Enjoy!:


“Hey……Candie…..girl…what’s up? Daddy asked me to call you. He want to know where you're at!?" sharply asked Tiny. “Check this out Tiny…..... I know you get off giving Daddy head and all, which makes you believe you are above every whore in the damn house! But remember, you are giving daddy head and that’s all. I know one day, in that little fuck up head of yours, you believe he is going to have full intercourse with you. Believe me, that day will never happen! So get your head up out of your ass, and tell me what this call is really about!” harshly she replied.

“You know what…..bitch…. I know you are jealous of me and daddy, but get over it. I’m the number one bitch, it doesn’t matter to me one bit, he calls you the bottom whore!” nasty she replied. “Yeah….I’m…..sure it don’t. But don’t forget I am the bottom bitch, always have been and always will be. Now, be a good little whore and put daddy on the phone. You wouldn’t want him to be upset that you’ve had me on the phone with this bullshit, while he’s waiting to talk to me, right” sarcastically she replied. “Umph……daddy…..daddy….pick…up the phone….Candie is on the line” she hollered from the living room.

Immediately she heard the line in Tee’s bedroom pick up. “Hey…..baby…where you at?” sleepily he asked. “I’m out taking care of business like you asked, daddy” sweetly she replied. Tee realized Tiny was still on the line. “Bitch….I can…hear you breathing, hang up the damn phone” sharply he said. "Damn…....I…didn’t realize I was breathing that heavy, I need to leave them damn cigarettes alone” she thought to herself quickly hanging up the phone.

“Now, where was I? Yeah…right…....did you handle things with the madam” he asked. “Yeah….daddy….no problem she’s going to have the hood rats out before dark. The Chinese food will be delivered around six-thirty. I spoke to Gems and she going to gather the girls and meet me back at the house in a couple of hours. The seamstress is going to deliver the dresses around six and right now, I’m on my way to the LIQ to pick up the alcohol” she replied.

“Good baby girl, you are on top of things as usual. Have you heard anything from Liquid” he asked. Naw…daddy…..everything seems to be hush hush when it comes to her” she replied. “Well….hurry up and get back here. I want you home before the girls arrive. You know I get worried when you are gone away from me too long, right baby" softly he said. “Yeah….baby….I don’t like being gone from you too long either” sweetly she replied. "When you get to the liquor store, run over to the rite-aid across the street, daddy got an in grown toe nail which is killing me” he laughed hanging up the phone. “Man to be so hard, he is such a baby” she laughed to herself.

She turned up the sounds of the classical music on the car stereo. She couldn’t help but think about Liquid. She knows she should tell daddy the truth about why Liquid ran in the first place. But she knew sooner or later Tiny would hang herself. Besides she had it too good with Thomas. She could tell by the way he looked at her, he loved her and she loved him too. She wasn’t going to destroy what she had with him, because of Tiny. She allowed her mind to drift back to the first time she met him…………………………….







Distraught she boarded the train headed for Atlanta. All she could think about was the letter Cissy had written to her. “How could she do it? Why would she end her life behind a no good man? What was she thinking, when she had everything to live for? Did Money have such a hold on her that she believed she couldn’t live without him?” she thought.

She hung her head and cried. Cissy had been the only friend she had when she arrived in Augusta. She had been molested by her father, but she never thought of killing herself, just him. She looked out the window of the train and tried to make sense of everything. She had no idea of where she was going, she just wanted to ride. Atlanta seemed to be her best bet. She didn’t like the idea of starting over, but she couldn’t go back home to her parents.

When she arrived in Atlanta she got off the train looking lost and confused. She didn’t know anybody in Atlanta, nor did she have any place to go. So, there she stood with her suitcase in her hand not sure of where to go or what to do. Out of nowhere a strikingly handsome man walked up to her.

“Excuse…me…baby girl….but are…you alright?” softly he asked. “Ummm….yes….of….course” she lied. “Are you sure…you…look like your lost. Are you waiting for someone in particular?” inquisitive he asked. “Ummmm…..sure….I….am….I’m..…waiting for my girlfriend” still lying she replied. “Well do you mind if I wait with you? I would feel real bad leaving you here all alone” sweetly he said. “Naw….its…ok….I will be alright” she stammered. “Well….if you don’t mind I want to wait with you, anyway” he smiled. “Ok…suit….yourself” smiling she said.

Out of the corner of her eyes she sized the man up. He was tall dark and handsome and had the sexiest smile she had ever seen. She didn’t like talking to strangers, but something about this man made her feel strangely comfortable. He was tall with a muscular build. His arms were bulky and strong. She always had a thing for men with big strong arms. She like the way she felt protected when a strong man held her in his arms. The sweet smell of his cologne was so alluring, she wanted to nestle her head on his shoulders. “Damn, I don’t even know this man and I’m fawning all over him” she thought.

Tee noticed her watching him. However, he was use to women sizing him up. That’s the way he usually got what he wanted. He was new to the pimp game, but he knew he had a way with women and wouldn’t have a hard time recruiting whores. His partner, Willie Brown told him the best bitches, were strays. You could meet strays at bus stops and train stations. These bitches were the most naïve, because they were runaways. They usually had a hard life at home and were vulnerable. Most of the time they are hungry with no place to go, which makes them opened to whoring. All you need to do is to sell these bitches a dream and make them believe they are a part of the dream and you will have a down bitch for life. “But, you must be careful not to let the bitch get to far into the dream, because she will begin to believe she is the dream, you feel me” Willie would say.

Tee and Candie stood in silence as she looked around pretending she was waiting on someone. After about ten minutes of silence, Tee spoke. “Baby girl, are your sure your friend is still coming?” smirking he asked. “Yeah….I’m……sure” she mumbled. He knew she didn’t have anyone waiting on her, so he decided to have some fun with her. “Maybe you should call her” he said reaching in his pocket for his cell phone. “Naw…I’m…sure she will be here in a few minutes. Anyway, don’t feel obligated to stand here and wait with me. I’m a big girl, I know how to take care of myself!” she snapped.

“Awwwww……..baby girl….there’s no need to get upset with a brother. I’m just concerned that’s all. You’re fine as hell, and what type of brother would I be if I allowed you to stand here all by yourself. There are vultures out here, I just want to make sure you’re ok before I leave you” sweetly he said. “Yeah….well I appreciate the thought. But, really I’m fine. Besides, she’s rarely on time anyway” she said changing her tone of voice. “I’m…sure she probably is. But, I will feel better if I knew she’s on her way before I leave you here by yourself” smiling he said handing her the cell phone. “Umph…..well…..if it will make you feel better, I will call her” she said.

She grabbed the cell phone from his hand and started to walk away. “Hey….baby girl…you’re not going to run off with my cell phone, are?” laughing he asked. “Naw…..but can a sister have a little privacy?” irritated she asked. “Yeah…..baby…sure…do your thang” he replied.

She walked down the platform of the train station and pretended to dial her fake friend. She stood a short distance from him, just enough for him to be in earshot of her pretend call. “Cissy…hey…girl….what’s up?” faking she asked. She held the phone for a brief moment. “What…..girl….are you for real….he did…no…” she said pretending to hear a response. “So…..what am I suppose to do? Cissy…I don’t know anybody here in Atlanta. Hell…naw…I don’t have enough money for a hotel!” she snapped. She held the phone in silence as if she was still listening to the voice on the phone.

“Man…..Cissy….I thought everything was arranged. There is no way I would have left Augusta under these circumstances. When I talked to you last night, you told me everything was cool. You never said anything about having to pick up Larry, first. If I’d known this shit was going to happen, I wouldn’t have put myself out like this! You know what Cissy….it’s fine. I will try to find someplace to sleep tonight and I will call you first thing in the morning. Hopefully you will have your shit together when I call you back!” she snapped still pretending to be angry.

Tee heard her conversation over the phone and knew there was no one on the line. Candie walked back towards him, pretending to be upset. “Is everything ok?” he asked acting concerned. “Damn! I can’t believe she got me all the way out here and can’t pick me up! Shit, I should have known better than to trust her. She’s always been unreliable. But, I was sure this time she would keep her word!” she said harshly. “So…what are you going to do? You can’t stay here at the train station. Do you have somewhere you can sleep tonight? If not, I will be more than happy to set you up at my place” he said.

“What….naw…baby…I don’t get down like that!” she snapped. “No….baby….it ain’t like that. Do I look like that type of brother? Like I said, I wouldn’t want anything to happen to you. I wasn’t trying to ear hustle on your conversation, but I did hear you say you didn’t have money for a hotel. Now if you would like to sleep in a hotel tonight, I don’t mind giving you the money. But, apparently you don’t know anybody in town and I can use the company, no strings attached. I like you for some strange reason. I wouldn’t never put you in a position you didn’t feel comfortable with. So it’s your choice, baby girl. Either I can get you hotel room and leave you all alone in this big city. Or, you can kick it with me for the evening. It would be my pleasure if you would join me for dinner” smiling he said.

She knew she should have said no. But, for some reason she liked this man. He had a way with words and she wanted to get to know him better. She was always taught never to talk to strangers, but she didn’t feel like he was stranger.

“Ummmm…….ummmmm……I…don’t know” she stammered unsure. “Look baby girl, if you’re worried about me doing some type of harm to you, don’t flatter your pretty little self. I usually don’t toot my own horn. But do I really look like a brother who’d rape you? I have women throwing themselves at my feet. Believe me, I’m not suffering for nookie or anything else. You seem like a nice young lady. However I will admit, there is something about you that intrigue me and I want to get to know you better, that’s all” smiling he replied. Candie looked into his eyes and saw a softness she hadn’t seen in a long time.

It was the look her father would give her, before he began molesting her. Over the years, she missed that look. She remembered when she was daddy’s little girl. All of a sudden her heart became sad and she dropped her head turning away from Tee. He noticed the innocence and sadness in her eyes and felt sorry for her. “Maybe, I ought to leave this girl, where I’ve found her. Something in her eyes, tell me she’s been hurt real bad. The last thing I want to do is cause this young lady grief. There will be plenty of hoes’ for me out here in this game” he thought.


“Well…..ok…but you better be on your best behavior” smiled Candie. Tee looked surprised by her answer. Noticing that he was surprised, she grabbed his hand. “Oh…..what’s the matter, cat got your tongue?” smiling she asked. “Well…just a little bit, baby girl. I was sure you were going to say no. A brother was ready to accept that” smiling he replied. “Well……let’s go, I’m hungry and since you’re buying I want the biggest steak you can purchase here in Atlanta” she chuckled. “Your wish is my command” he replied with a hearty laugh.

Tee and Candie walked down the platform of the train station, hand in hand. As they exited the train station he put his hands around her waist. She looked at him and smiled. They walked into the parking lot towards the red corvette. When she saw the car she was impressed. “Is that your car?” she asked. “Which car is that?” he asked pretending not to know which car she was talking about. “That one, right there” she said pointing to the red corvette.

“You are very perceptive, aren’t you? How did you know that was my car?” smiling he asked. “Oh….you…. looked like a brother with expensive taste, I can tell by the smell of your cologne. Plus, your wardrobe gave you away” she smiled. “What are you trying to say? Just because a brother likes expensive cologne and dress fairly well, he has a nice ride?” curious he asked. “Well….yeah, I believe so” she replied. “Well, I see you have a lot to learn about men. Cuz, I know a lot of brothers who don’t have a pot to piss in, but they dress well and smell good. Most of the time the cars they do drive, belong to some female they are shacking with. So, number one rule to the game for you young lady, is know that things are not always as they seem” seriously he replied.


“So….is that what you’re doing, taking advantage of women? Does this car belong to one of those females you are talking about?” bluntly she asked. “Baby girl……I see there is a lot you don’t know about, brothers. But let me run you on over to Ruth Chris Steakhouse and we can chat more over dinner. Am…..I…driving a female ride” he replied chuckling.

He opened the passenger door of the red corvette. He grabbed her luggage and threw it the small trunk. Candie hopped into the passenger side with Tee closing the door behind her. He made a right turn and hopped onto the freeway. He slid his favorite CD into the player. “All…the…love…I’ve…ever craved…is…stacked…high…in…every….smile..on….your….faceeeee….and....I’m………secure…in..knowing that it’s enough to last a lifetime…….”crooned Glady’s Knight.

“Oh…..my…and you’re romantic, too” she smiled. “Yeah….baby…girl…I believe in the art of love. It’s the only thing that is true, underserved, unearned and unmerited. It is what sustains the human race. Without love, there will be no me and you. We were created because the Creator loved us. Ninety-percent of the time, when a man and a woman come together in union, it is love when a child is created. “Well….maybe not ninety percent of the time. But you do get the jess of what I’m saying” he chuckled. Candie threw her head back and began laughing. “I like him. He’s very charming and as fine as he is, the brother has his shit, together. He knows what to say and I’m feeling strangely attracted to him” she thought.

For the rest of the way, Candie and Tee rode in silence. After about twenty minutes, Tee exited the freeway and headed towards Ruth Chris Steak house. He made a left turn and pulled the corvette into the parking lot of the restaurant. He jumped out the car and briskly walked to the passenger side. He opened the door and Candie got out of the car.

Once inside the waitress sat them down in a booth in a dimly lit corner in the back of the restaurant. After a few minutes a pretty young African American waitress came to take their order. “Are you folks ready to order?” asked the waitress. “Yes….young lady….why don’t we start with an appetizer first” he said. “Ok…..sir, what would you like?” she asked. “How about two crabtini’s and mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat” he replied. “Ok….would…you…like to order from the dinner menu, now? Or, should I come back later?” smiling she asked. “Yes….why don’t you come back later” smiling he replied. “Ok…would you like anything to drink?” she asked. “Yes…..I’ll have an apple martini and the lady…….”he replied motioning his hand towards Candie to order.

Candie wasn’t a drinker and the ambiance of the restaurant was so eloquent, she was fascinated just with being in the place. She looked like a little girl who had just had her first experience in an amusement park. “Baby……..ummmmm…..excuse….me….” he said. The sound of his voice brought her out of her trance.

“Oh…..I’m….sorry….ummmmm….I’m having what he’s having” embarrassed she replied. For a moment she felt silly. She had never had a drink or ordered a drink in her life. Tee knew that she was embarrassed by the flush look on her face. He reached out and grabbed her by the hand. “You’re not really a drinker, are you?” softly he asked. “You think! Can’t you see the look on my face on my face!” she said her voice sounding a bit irritated.

“Whoa….baby girl, I wasn’t trying to make you feel bad. It’s nice to meet to meet a young lady who doesn’t drink. Hell, most the women I know are drinkers. At least I won’t have to worry about you in public” he smiled. She looked at Tee and smiled. He had a way of saying the right thing at the right time. Tee and Candie talked while waiting for the waitress to bring their appetizers and drinks. She laughed at his corny jokes and while beginning to relax with him. The waitress came back with their drinks and told them their appetizers would be coming shortly. She sipped lightly on the apple martini and started to feel a little light-headed.

“So, Mr. Thomas tell me what line of work are you in?” smiling she said feeling the effects of the alcohol. “I’m glad you asked. Well, I like to think of myself as an entrepreneur. I’m in the business of selling a service to men and women, alike” he replied. “What type of service?” curiously she asked. “ Sex…….baby girl….I sell…sex” he replied. “Sex….what do you mean sex?” surprised she asked. “Don’t sound so surprised. Selling sex has been in the game for a long time. It’s been around since the days of the Roman empire” he replied.

“So, is this why you wanted me to spend the night with you? You want me to be a whore for you. I knew you were bullshitting when I met you. Is that why you singled me out at the train station, because you want me to be your whore!” coldly she replied. “Baby girl…I meant what I said at the train station. However, you asked what line of business I’m in and I want to be honest with you. Like I said, I would never ask you to do anything you didn’t want to do, but I’m not going to lie to you either” he replied.

“Yeah….right…you were hanging at the train station in hopes of finding women who were willing to whore for you right?” sternly she asked. “I will admit, I do hang out at the train station, looking for women who are willing to be a part of my organization. But what you don’t realize is, I’m not in the business of pimping. That’s too shallow for a brother like me. Any nigga’ can be a pimp. I love women and I’m not out to misuse, anybody. You see baby girl, I have a dream and I’m looking for females who want to realize the dream with me. I know I’m going to be big one day. But, I need a female who want what I want and who can realize the dream with me. Now this type of female will supersede all the other females. She will be wise and vigilant. She will understand she is the number one woman in my life and at the end of day she will reap all the benefits. I want a woman whom I can shower with furs and jewelry. As she walks down the street, I want all the other women to know that she is cared for. She will be my queen and I her king. But this type of woman is not the kind of woman a man regularly meets. She is special and knows she is special. She’s willing to sacrifice him playing the role with other women, because she knows that her man is working on a plan which will benefit both of them in the long run, you feel me” he replied.

The effect of the alcohol began to make her feel woozy. She tried to collect her thoughts, as she tried to understand exactly what he was saying. “So are you telling me…that’s its….ok to be a whore” dumbfounded she asked. “Naw…..baby girl….its…not about whoring…it’s about providing a service. Whores are generally misused and abused. Their pimps treat them as if they are piece of meat, used only for a man’s pleasure. What I’m selling is a service as well as a commodity. If a woman think of herself as a whore, then a whore she will be. But if she think of herself as a commodity, she’s better than a whore. Look at this way, most sports figures who are making millions sell themselves for endorsements to major companies. Reebok, Nike and other major retailers often use the talent of these sports figures to promote their product. Really…..what do you think these retailers are doing? They are soliciting the use of these individuals talent to promote their products. And, they are making millions of dollars, while doing it. So, what I’m selling is no different than what their selling. I’m just using sex as the ultimate means to end, you feel me” he replied.

She wasn’t sure if it was the alcohol, but what he was saying in her mind made a lot of sense. “So…what you’re saying is that, you need a woman who will support you being a pimp” curious she asked. “No! What I’m saying is that I need a woman who will stand by me and support me as an entrepreneur. See baby….I just want a woman who want what I want. But who realizes it may take a minute in getting there. She will be my bottom woman, which means she will share in all the benefits and proceed of making our dreams come true. She can’t be a jealous female, because every now and then I may be forced to pay particular attention to one female or another. She will allow me to be strong in my game, and sit back when I need to be the man I need to be. Her job won’t be easy and it may come with some frustrations. But she, like me will be interested in one thing, keeping her eye on the prize” smartly he replied.

At that moment, the waitress came by and brought their appetizers. Candie reached for the mushrooms as he took a spoonful of crab from the crabtini. The waitress smiled and walked away. She stuffed the mushroom in her mouth and began chewing hungrily. “Man…I’m hungry” she thought. Tee watched her every move. He knew he had put down some heavy game at her. But it was something special about her, and he didn’t want to mislead her.

She reached for another mushroom and quickly popped it into her mouth. She looked at him disturbingly. “What’s….wrong…baby girl, why are you looking at me like that” curiously he asked. “I’m trying to tie all this together and figure you out. You have the right words, but are you really sincere in what you are saying. I appreciate you telling me the truth. So, I feel the need to be truthful with you. I was never waiting on anyone at the station. I boarded a train from Augusta, after my best friend killed her dude and herself. I’m reeling from the guilt of it all, because he beat me. If I had not told her the truth that day, maybe both of them would be alive, today. Besides, my father began molesting me when I was seven years old. I don’t know if my mom realized what was happening. It could be that she turned a blind eye to it. I finally got tired of him taking advantage of me. So, I hit him over the head with a lamp and left him bleeding on the floor. I never looked back. I didn’t know where I was going, but I ended up in Augusta. That is where, Cissy befriended me. She took me in and gave me shelter. However, she was in love with a drug dealer named Money. He was a womanizer and could give less than a damn about her. But, she loved him and took a blind eye to his cheating and lies. I loved her, with all my heart and I would never do anything to hurt her. He flirted with me at every opportunity and I pushed away his advances. This angered him and one night, he lied and told Cissy he left some dope at her house. He knew I was there alone. He started to drink and when I refused to drink with him, he beat me” sadly she replied.

“Baby girl….I knew from the moment I saw you, you were struggling with your own demons. But rest assured, it was never my intent nor is it my intent to have you do something you are not willing to do. All I want is a good woman who is willing to be down for me. I want to be happy and experience the finer things of life. I realize this game is not forever. As swiftly as I get into the game, is as swiftly I want to get out of it. But, a strong man will need a strong woman. I can’t be in this game by myself. There’s no way I can carry this out alone. So, I need a woman. A strong woman, who is willing to support me, and to provide the understanding I need to make it over the top” he replied.

“So how many whores do you have so far?” she questioned. “None….that’s what’s so good about it. If you’re willing you to be my woman, I will start the game with you. No other whore will be able to take your place. All of your johns will be hand pick, by me. I will be your protector and guide. I will teach you all you need to know about the game. If you will just follow my lead, I will take you places you’ve never been, before” sweetly he replied. “And if you don’t keep your promise, what then?” she asked. Then, you are free to walk away from me at anytime you feel you want too” he replied.

She grabbed for one more mushroom. She chewed slowly contemplating everything he said. She never thought upon arriving to Atlanta she would become a whore. “After all I’ve been through, whoring doesn’t seem too bad after all” she thought.

The waitress came back and took their order. She ordered the biggest steak on the menu and so did he……..

3 comments:

  1. I will be waiting. Check your writing for errors, before the final draft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!!!!!! I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU! I knew that you would catch hold and run with it. God showed me years ago in the many converstaions and prayers that we shared that you had a gift that the world needed to hear. You go girl, I love it and I love you.

    Walking and praying with you,
    LaDona

    ReplyDelete
  3. U know u r wrong. How u gonna leave a sista with her mouth hanging open.

    ReplyDelete