Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Ninth Hour

OK Ladies...here is my testimony to God's goodness and His grace.

On May 27th I attended a final interview at a local college. Now most of you may know, based on the behavior of the interviewer (which holds a prominent position at the institution) I just knew I would not get the job.

The interview was the worst I'd ever experience by an employer. I was frustrated, hurt, discouraged and confused after the interview. I asked God a thousand questions, as to why the interview turned out the way it did. I thought "don't he realize it is the ninth hour. My financial stability as well as the stability of my family depended on getting this job."

Anyway, for over a week I fought with feelings of doubt and despair. Satan wanted to feed into my spirit that God had forgotten me, and where was God when I needed Him.

However, I must admit I was deeply discouraged. But, I sought the Lord's face and prayed before Him and He quieted my spirit. I laid face down before the Lord, without any words to say. Sometimes, when we are fighting against adversity we must let our spirit speak for us. Because the Spirit utters groanings we do not understand.

Today while encouraging a friend, I got a phone call from the local college. It was the secretary of the man who had interviewed me. She asked me to hold the line because the man wanted to speak to me personally. I was sure he was calling to inform me the position had been given to another candidate. As he spoke to me I was dumbfounded (and still is), he was offering me the job! I couldn't believe it! The way the man had treated me in the interview, assured me I would not get the job. But, here he was offering me the position at a salary comparable to my last employer.

During my time of prayer, I'd asked God to show me his hand. Not for a sign, but because I needed his strength to stand. I'd never imagined I would receive the phone call I got today. Surely, I can say what is impossible for man is possible for God!

Further, when God is for you, who can stand against you? When God says yes to a thing, even the gates of hell can't prevail against it. Sometimes, it is in the ninth hour, when we realize His potential and His grace is limitless. When things are looking bleak, it is just right for God. When we let go and let him move showing His awesome power, you will begin to feel just as I feel today, dumbfounded!

The Word of God states: 1 Corinthians 2:4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God
.

Therefore, it was the power of the Holy Spirit which demonstrated to me today, the power of God. For, I believe this man had control of the interview and the final decision was left up to him. Oh.......but......the power of God said different.

I bless His name and bless each of you who prayed for me. I want you to know that this position is just a stepping stone of greater things to come. Most of you know, that I desire to start a transitional home for women. My prayer before the Lord, was, if need be I would return to mainstream employment. But, only if he would prepare the position for doors to open somewhere else. So, I may walk into the destiny He has designed for me.

I feel confident He has done so. I wanted to share this testimony with each of you. So, whenever you feel the "ninth hour" is upon you. Remember He is standing by, to help you.

Blessings.....

1 comment:

  1. Most definitely. When we stand still, his presence is shown

    ReplyDelete